Looking for a bright Optical Engineer or Physicist
LusoSpace is a high tech engineering company that works with the European Space Agency and large industrial players, developing state of the art complex systems on critical environments.
The optical engineer will be responsible for the assembly, integration and testing of optical technology for the space sector. The main project will be the OGSE (Optical Ground Support equipment) for the ESA FORUM mission instrument with OHB. This consists on several black bodies sources and laser systems to test the telescope of our customer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Active participation in the overall design process (optical and optomechanical), to ensure a good and cohesive understanding of the AIT activities needs;
- Concept and design of the optical test plans and procedures;
- Selection of the appropriate measurement equipment and demonstration of the required; accuracy by establishing the corresponding error budget;
- Autonomous execution of optical integration and test activities in optical lab and clean room environment;
- Support in the elaboration of proposals.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bs in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar, Ms preferred, PhD welcomed;
- Practical laboratory experience in optical assemblies, tests and measurements;
- Basic knowledge of main optics concepts, and refractive & reflective optical systems;
- Basic or theoretical knowledge of alignment and optical measurement technologies (e.g. Shack-Hartmann sensors, interferometers, spectrometers, theodolites, laser trackers and others), and related control software;
- Basic or theoretical knowledge on signal and image processing;
- Willingness to do hands-on work, and to support our off-site work for alignment and test campaigns;
- Space systems experience is preferred;
- LabView and Phyton experience is preferred;
- Some experience in Zemax or equivalent ray tracing software is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment;
- Fluent in English both oral and written;
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
We will offer one of the best opportunities to work with foreign partners and customers in Lisbon on a
friendly and dynamic environment using state-of-the-art technology for developing innovative systems
from concept to production and qualification phase.